Bagasse/Wheat 9" x 6" x 2.5" Clamshell PLA Lined
PLA LINED - more resistance to wet food!
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CASES
***2023 New Lower Price***
Product Dimensions: 9"x6"x3"
Our plant fiber based products are now made from sugarcane (bagasse) and wheatstraw fiber. Sugarcane and wheatstraw are not only annually renewable resources, but can also be turned into products normally made from plastic or paper. Bagasse is the sugarcane fiber remaining after extraction of juice from sugarcane and the wheatstraw is the remaining plant material after the wheat grain and chaff have been extracted. We use these byproducts to make compostable tableware.
Our compostable clamshells are
* microwave and freezer safe, can be used for both hot and cold items
* soak proof
* handle hot liquids up to 220 Fahrenheit (moisture forms at the bottom for hot food items)
* fully compostable, sturdy and strong
* meet ASTM D-6400 standard for compostability
* Though these compostable clamshells are soak proof, hot items will cause the plates to "perspire" and some condensation will form at the bottom.
Our products meet FDA standards for food contact and are Gluten-Free. They are made from the wheat stalks and not from the food grain which stores the proteins and allergens. For more information, click here
The tear drop shapes around the center on the exterior of the containers are trademark of World Centric.
These products are BPI (Biodegradables Product Institute) Certified.
Please note that composting is required for biodegradation. These compostable clamshells will biodegrade within 30 days in a commercial composting facility, and within 90 days in a home composting system.
Q: What is Bagasse?
A: Bagasse is the biomass remaining after sugarcane stalks are crushed to extract their juice.